BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Don't cha hate that?

So last week, I started my car and the dial was tuned in to Movin 101.1. However, instead of Gwen Stefani or Justin Timeberlake, I heard Christmas music. The radio station I loved to listen to in the morning because they played a lot of music with very little talk is no more. Don't cha hate that? It changes without warning and hits you like a cold glass of water splashed in your face right when you wake up. And what the heck are they doing playing Christmas music this time of year? It's not even Halloween yet (although I know many stores are already selling Christmas trees!).

Anyway, I tried to find out what the deal is today and I found this article to explain what happened. As of Jan. 1st, 101.1 is becoming a talk sports radio station. BOO! Here's the article in case you are interested. In the meantime, Christmas music will fill your car if you tune in.

http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2008/09/22/daily19.html?b=1222056000%5E1704409&brthrs=1

Bah Humbug!

Dawn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luv the x-mas music! I make the guys at work listen to it for a few songs in the morning so we can wake up and get in a good mood. :) I liked movin 101! who wants another talk show!

Jim & Chrissy said...

When Jim told me that Wednesday morning, I didn't even know what 101.1 was anymore. It sucked ever since the River left. I took it off my presets. But I love Christmas music, just not quite yet! Its not even Halloween yet!

Anonymous said...

i wondered the same thing but like Toni- i was listening to it too! FA LALALALA LALALA

The Ball Family said...

I got so mad that the Christmas music was even in my first 6 choices, I had to change that button. Christmas after Thanksgiving! (that's my opinion of course!)
I'm torn about the radio station. Love the sports radio thing but will miss 101.1. RIP