BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 6, 2008

Maui Pictures, Finally!


Our first day in Maui
Nathan with the Hula Girl statue

I finally got our pictures uploaded and developed. These are even half of them but you will get a good idea by what I've posted here. We had a blast and I definitely reccommend going to Maui if you ever get the chance. Everything is so vibrant and lush and the atmosphere is very laid back. Someone that's been there put it in a good way: She said it's like everything is in High Definition!







Us driving to our condo the first day in our rented Mustang Convertible (the only way to see Maui!)



Driving to our condo



Looking out from our balcony at our condo



This is the town of Lahaina. It was about 10 minutes south of where we stayed in Kahana. It had shopping and restaurants.


Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Meyer


This is the view from our balcony. We could see two islands in the distance.



Chilling in Lahaina



The sunset setting in Lahaina



me with the Hula Girl



This waterfall was on the Road to Hana. It was an all day outing to get to Hana, the seven sacred pools and back. We saw so much pretty scenery. I can't even begin to describe how beautiful it is.




A chicken on the side of the road to Hana




This is the bark of a Rainbow Eucalyptus tree. They are so cool looking. They do not look real.




One of the many rainbows we saw when we were driving around the island.




Eating at Cheeseburger in Paradise (or something like that) in Lahaina.


Nathan selling snacks in Lahaina.



This is a view of the ocean from the Seven Sacred Pools past Hana.



Tourists swimming in the sacred pools. We swam too but couldn't take our picture in there.



This waterfall on the Road to Hana has been used in movies and print ads. It's huge and very awesome!




The Black Sand Beaches on the Road to Hana


The Luau dancers in motion



Luau dancers



Me with the shirtless Hawaiian boys from the Old Lahaina Luau!



The Old Lahaina Luau



Us in front of some cool trees in Lahaina.



Sunset in Maui



More Luau dancers



Nathan and I at the Luau



Nathan and I at the Luau



This is the closest I've come to seeing Nathan cry. His eyes were getting a little watery eating some very HOT hotwings. Can you tell he was sweating?



Shopping in Lahaina



We at this restaurant one night and I think it was our most expensive meal. It was insane how much my sushi cost!



Nathan in front of Canoe's restaurant. Everything is so much more expensive in Hawaii!



Us at our table at Canoe's. All of the restaurants are open because the climate is so ideal and there aren't that many bugs.



Jellyfish at the Aquarium



A shark



More cool jellyfish



Nathan at the Aquarium. This is where we went on our last day to kill time since our flight didn't leave until 8:30 pm.



Cool fish at the Aquarium


In other news, I started back at school this past weekend. I'm not looking forward to it but I only have until June until I graduate (3 more clusters). And on the bright side, my teacher seems very cool. I think he's going to be my best yet. I will be going on Wednesdays for the rest of the semester. We've been going to a lot of Graham's soccer games. They are doing OK. Sunday, we went to Crown Valley Winery in St. Genevieve for Bethany's 25th birthday. That was a lot of fun but it was a little hot. I've never been to that winery before and I really liked it. That's about it - still trying to catch up at home, write our wedding thank you's, do homework, etc. Back to reality I guess!

Dawn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally some honeymoon pics! That one of nate eating the hot stuff is funny! Looks like you had fun! Now you're back to reality (LUCKY)and I'm just about to get started being stressed out!

Anonymous said...

love the pics! looks like you guys had alot of fun! doesnt look more fun than my bday party though!! hehe j/k

Anonymous said...

ooops- forgot to put my name. hehe

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks so great! Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

Oops that was me - Kelly D.