BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

20 Weeks - IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The top picture is the baby with his spine up toward the top. He's looking down.
The second picture is the proof that he's a boy. It's hard to tell here (you can try clicking on the picture to make it bigger but I still think it's hard to tell) but there is an arrow pointing to the "proof".

The baby's face

So most of you have heard through text, phone call or Facebook but I had to post about it too. Today was my 20 week ultrasound and we found out that we are having a little boy. The good thing about this post is that I can give a little more detail.

Baby boy was very cooperative at first and gave the Ultrasound Technician some good shots. But then he got fiesty. The tech said on several occasions that he has attitude already and is a little stinker. He kept putting his arms up to his head, kind of in a dramatic fashion. Then he buried down into my pelvic area so this made it difficult for the tech to get some of her shots. She would have to put down the wand thingy and push on my stomach with her hands to get him to move up. He'd move up and then when she'd pick up the wand again, he'd move back down. He kicked and punched and was just generally being a little dickens! After she revealed that he is a boy, she laughed and said, "You'll never guess what his hand is holding right now!" We only needed one guess to know that she meant that his hand was around you know what! I'd say that is a pretty bold statement along with his other actions. I think we are going to have our hands full with this one!

The tech said he looks healthy and everything is on track as it should be. The doctor said I've gained a good amount of weight so far (11 lbs.) and she agreed that all of the ultrasound pics looked great. Next month I will get the glucose test. We are going to take a tour of St. Luke's Hospital soon to make sure we want to deliver there. We will also sign up for some labor and delivery classes. If anyone has any pediatrician reccommendations out in the St. Charles/St. Peters area, please let me know.

We are very thankful that our baby boy is healthy and everything is on track. We feel very blessed. Thanks for everyone's continued prayers, well-wishes and support. We greatly appreciate it.

I am trying to scan the ultrasound pictures but am having technical difficulties. I'll have some one at work do it for me tomorrow so check back.

Thanks,
Dawn

3 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

Congrats! Sounds just like a boy! haha! So happy for you guys.

I used to go to Dr. Bradshaw in St. Peters...he was right near that hospital on Mexico Rd...Barnes maybe? Anyway, we really liked him, but it was too far to drive, just for a cold, etc, so we switched.

The Meadows said...

Congratulations!!!! A little boy! I am sure all three of you are excited. We are excited for you. Maybe your little one can come join our family baseball team. We do need extra members. Right now we have Cory, Sully, Jimmy, Matt, Mike, Sam, Danny and Chris, we need one more boy and your new little one will fit right in. Toni and Amy's can also play on the team we need backup.

Next time we can have girls at the same time. I can have 1 you can have 2.

Dawn said...

A baseball team full of our little boys sounds good to me, Ann! I love it! So, you are going for a little girl next huh? Wasn't sure if you were done at this point or not? How about we both have 1 more? :)