BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Introducing Rocco Flynn Meyer

Rocco Flynn Meyer was born Jan. 14, 2010. He weighed 8 lbs., 6 oz. and was 21 1/4 inches long.

On Jan. 13th, around 5:45 am, after getting out of the shower, my water broke. I wasn't so sure that was what was happening but I called St. Luke's Hospital and they told me to come in. Sure enough, it was my water breaking so I "checked" in. The baby was monitored and I was given pitocin to help accelerate labor. As my contractions got more intense and I dilated to a 4, I was given an epidural to help with the pain. But I have to say, I really only have one really bad contraction before the pain medicine. And I was relieved that the epidural didn't hurt too bad. Once I got that, I couldn't feel a thing. All along, I wanted Rocco to be born on 1/13 and it seemed like I might get my wish as I progressed pretty good. However, things stalled around the 8,9 and 10 dilation points. As we approached midnight, I knew he would not be born on the 13th afterall. I began pushing around 1:45. It was hard. The doctor could see Rocco's head when I pushed but then he'd go back up. He just wouldn't crown. After 2 hours of pushing, the doctor decided a C-Section was the next best move. And I was totally fine with that because I was vomiting with every push toward the end.

So I was wheeled into the Operating Room around 4 am. Since it had almost been about 24 hours and I was drugged up, I was so out of it. I really wanted to stay awake but I was struggling. I was awake enough to hear Rocco cry when they pulled him out. He was born at 4:31 am on 1/14/10. Our families got to come into the Recovery Room to meet Rocco for the first time. It was an amazing but exhausting experiences. Much of the Recovery Room is a blur to me.

The next 4 days in the hospital went by so fast. We had a constant stream of visitors which was nice. We want to thank everyone that came by, called and/or texted.

Rocco will be 3 weeks old this Thursday. It's been a learning curve for me and I have to admit, it's been a little bit overwhelming for me. Nathan doesn't get as frazzled as I do by it all. I have a hard time letting Rocco cry sometimes. I feel like I should do something to stop it but I know there is nothing I can do sometimes. We're all adjusting but doing well. Again, we thank everyone who has come by, brought dinner, sent gifts, sent cards, called, emailed and texted. We have such a great support system.

Blogging might be a little sparse for a while but I'll try to post some pic soon!

Love,
Dawn

4 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

He is just beautiful!!!

Toni said...

He's so cute! Can't wait to see more pics! :)

The Ball Family said...

He is just such a beautiful baby,Dawn and Nate! I bet birthday boy, Graham, is an excellent big brother! I can't wait to meet him! It is overwhelming for every new mom, Dawn. You're not alone! I promise...it gets easier!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Baby Rocco, you are a beautiful little angel!! - kelly p