BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rocco's Rock n' Strollers

As noted in the previous post, Rocco will have some kind of vision impairment that ranges anywhere from mild (24/40 vision) to more severe (legally blind). He is receiving vision therapy from the Delta Gamma Center and from what I hear from other parents who have children with Albinism, this center is a Godsend! Therefore, our family has put together a Family Fundraising Team - Rocco's Rock n' Strollers - to help raise money for the center through the Annual 5K Run for Sight held on Sunday, May 2, 2010. If you would like to run or walk (we doing the 2 mile walk) you can register under our family team (you will do this in Step 2 of the registration process. You will choose Rocco's Rock n' Strollers). If you can't make it but would still like to donate, you can do that also. I have attached the link that will allow to you simply contribute or allow you to register for the race. Please let me know if you have questions. We appreciate your support for this wonderful center that will benefit Rocco for years to come!

https://secure.getmeregistered.com/homepage.php?id=2158

(Hopefully this link works because I had to type it b/c it wouldn't let me copy/paste for some reason. Let me know if it doesn't)

Well, I did go back to work last Wednesday. Even though Nathan has been doing most of the feedings since he was off of work, I still woke up each time Rocco woke up. So by Friday, I was so exhausted. Nathan went back to work today (and had to start at 3am) so I had to do the 12:20am feeding and the 3:20am feeding. Let's just say it's only 8:50am and I'm already spent! SO TIRED! Hopefully some caffenine will help. Today was also the first day I had to drop Rocco off at my mother-in-law's house. That went good and I was able to get to work on time. I hope that can continue! We are so lucky to have the grandmas watch our angel. He is in good hands! Gail will do 4 days a week and my mom will do one day. My mom will come to my house so I will get to sleep in a little on that day so that's nice too!

Graham and his mom moved into a new apartment this weekend so he's excited about that. Because of this, he will be attending middle school in the Pattonville School District next year (intead of the Ritenour School District that he is in now). He's been such a good big brother to Rocco. He likes holding him and feeding him. Now that I bring Rocco to my mother-in-law's house, the boys will get to see each other 4 mornings out of the work week now too since Graham is over there before school starts. Graham is very excited about this. I'm sure Rocco is too but he just doesn't show it! :)

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Dawn

1 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

I want to sign up for the walk, but not sure if I'll do the 5K or the one with you guys (and bring a kid or 4 :)

Good to hear about how great of a big brother Graham is to Rocco. I bet he loves him so much!!!