BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rocco's 1st Birthday and Birthday Party

It's so hard to believe that my baby boy is 1 year old. His birthday was Friday, Jan. 14th. I know he doesn't really get all of the hoopla behind turning the Big 1 but I think it all went fabulous! :) Thursday night me, Nathan, Graham and Rocco went to Red Robin. I counted that as his birthday dinner. :) Friday night we had Rocco open his gifts from us and then just hung out at home.

Saturday I took Rocco to a free trial class at The Little Gym. It was OK but I don't think it's worth the money at his age. He had fun crawling around on the mats but he wasn't into participating in the specific activities. He was more about exploring rather than sitting in the circle. But it was something different to do, especially since it was his bday weekend.

Sunday was his party. We held it at the community room where my mom lives. The theme was Baby Sesame Street Characters. We served little smokies, meatballs, White Castle type sandwiches, chips/dip, veggies/dip and fruit/dip. After we ate, it was time to open presents. Rocco got a lot of cool toys and even more clothes. It's nice that he got some clothes for spring and summer. Next was the big event - the presenting of the birthday cake. I knew he would not hold back and really go for it and he didn't disappoint. Anyway, thanks to everyone who came and/or gave him a birthday present. I think he had a lot of fun.

Opening Presents on Rocco's Actual Birthday:







Birthday Party:









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!Happy 1st birthday to your little angel! -kelly p

The Ball Family said...

Love it!!! what fun!!!

Happy First Bday Rocco!

Anonymous said...

Observed this post just when it wasreally needed. Thanks to you. It's recently been incredibly beneficial

Sheila said...

the cake pics are hilarious :)