BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Home Depot and Slippers Christmas!

It's been a hectic but fun week with the Christmas holiday. Nathan and I were both off of work on Christmas Eve and we had Graham until 5 pm so we decided to go shopping. Nathan and I set a $30 limit on Christmas gifts to each other so we kind of made up for that by purchasing some last minute gifts for ourselves. We bought some new clothes. Poor Graham did not want to be at the mall but he made it through like a trooper and was rewarded with a pre-Christmas gift - a toy airplane. He got picked up at 5 that night to go celebrate with his mom and her family. While he was there, Nathan, my mom and I headed over to my brother's mother-in-law's house. We drank, ate pizza and opened presents. Mental note to self: Next year, do not drink egg nog after drinking a Bacardi Mojito. The two do not mix well and a tummy ache will ensue therefore rendering you unable to eat as much dessert as you planned!

Here are some pictures from Christmas Eve at Joy's house:


Nathan after opening some gifts



Sophie - Josh's niece (Kelly's brother's daughter)



My mom holding Argyle and Josh



me and Nathan



Argyle after a hard night of partying with Josh

As I'm posting these pictures, I realized I should have asked for a new digital camera for Christmas. All of my pictures are coming out dark lately. What I did get on Christmas Eve was Home Depot gift cards. Nathan and I asked for that from my mom and from my brother and sister-in-law. My mom wrote on hers: "I never thought I'd see the day" meaning that I would ask for Home Depot gift cards for Christmas. But we needed a new ceiling fan/light in the living room and I'm happy to report it's bright once again in the Meyer household. We also got a new ceiling fan/light for the kitchen so it will soon be even brighter and cooler when cooking.

We picked up Graham on our way home and it was very cool to experience Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning with him for the first time. He put out milk and cookies for Santa and some crackers for the Reindeer (we didn't have any carrots) and wrote notes to make sure Santa knew which food was for whom. We tracked Santa online before tucking Graham in. He woke us up at 7 am on Christmas morning and was excited to see his gifts and read the note that Santa wrote back to him. My mom came over to watch Graham open his gifts, give him her gifts and to give all of us our stockings. We gave her her stocking as well. Here are some pictures of Graham on Christmas morning:







So, back to that $30 limit. I got Nathan a Iron Man pull up bar that fits in a door way. He loves it and has been doing pull ups and flips on it non-stop. I got some pink Nautica slippers. I recently got tan slippers from his parents as one of my Christmas presents from them. And I already own leopard print slippers. So this is the Christmas of slippers & Home Depot for me I guess. I got some other nice things from everyone this Christmas also. We are very blessed! I kept thinking about that on Christmas when Graham had all of his loot on the floor. I couldn't help but think of those less fortunate that don't get any presents or don't have family or friends to celebrate with on Christmas. I couldn't shake those thoughts all day.

After we opened presents, we swung by Nathan's parents' house and went through out stockings over there. Then, after Graham was picked up, me and Nathan went to my grandparents house as I have done my whole life. Here are some pictures of that:


Nicole, Mia and Macy (all of my cousins kids)


My cousin, Angela and her fiance, Tom


My Aunt Sue and my dad



My Grandpa and Josh



Josh, Kelly and my mom



Nathan (I don't think he moved from this chair the whole time)



Me and Rainbow Bright. This was my doll when I was little and at some point, my mom was going to sell it in a garage sale. My grandma saved her by buying her from my mom for $2. She's held on to her all these years and wrapped her up and gave her to me this Christmas. It was good to see the ole' gal again!


Noah (my cousin's son)

That night, our friends, Mike and Erica, came over to hang out. On Friday, Nathan and I met up with Mike for lunch at The Boathouse in Forest Park. Then the 3 of us met Nathan's sister, Bethany, at Steinberg for some ice skating. Nathan has those pictures on his camera so I may post them later. Then we went to The Tap Room for happy hour.

Saturday, I had lunch with some of my high school friends. I always have such a good time catching up with them. I took a picture but will have to post it later because it was with Nathan's camera. Then Nathan and I went to his dad's side of the family Christmas party in High Ridge at his Uncle Dale and Aunt Alice's house. From there, we went to the hockey game with Michael.

Sunday, we cashed in those Home Depot gift cards on the ceiling fans/lights and then we went to the Galleria Mall with my mom and met up with Mike and Erica again. Michael needed some new clothes and I had some Christmas money to burn.

We literally went from one thing to the next but we had a lot of fun. Today was back to the grind at work. Poor Nathan came home sick at about 10 am. I think he has the flu because I've never seen him this sick. I hope it's just a 24 hour bug or something though and he's better soon. And I hope I don't catch it. But as I'm writing this, my stomach feels a little iffy. . .

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. And please have a safe, fun and Happy New Year. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post from the New Years Eve party at the Clausers' house.

Dawn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok haah, I was thinking that should have asked for a camera ! But just so you know, memory cards don't last forever so try a new memory card B4 you get a new camera. Also, I still have my Rainbow bright and the horse and the bug looking guy lol! looks like you guys had fun! see ya wed.!

Jim & Chrissy said...

Wow! Everyone had such good long posts, plus the one I was doing last night, it felt like I was on blogger all night. Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Hope you feel better and Nathan too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas. Good pictures! I'm glad everything worked out with Graham on Christmas Eve and morning, too!

Kelly