BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 19, 2009

Class Reunion

This weekend, Nathan and I went out with some of my friends from high school. It was us, Kelly and Seth, Jennifer and Chuck, Dan and Sarah and Jim and Melissa. We went to dinner at Fratelli's which was fitting since it used to be in North County where we all grew up (we even went there before a dance freshman year). After dinner, we headed to the new dualing piano bar, Jive and Wail, in St. Peters. As we were all following one another in our separate vehicles, it reminded me of high school when we would all follow one another to the next party or where ever we were going to hang out next. Anyhow, there was a line out the door so instead, we picked up some beer and headed to mine and Nathan's house to hang out. We spent the entire time playing the card game, Asshole. I think it was abotu 2 am when everyone finally left. Nathan and I had such a good time and he commented, "I like this group of friends. Good job!" It was the first time he met some of them. It really was like riding a bike. We all just felt so comfortable together and had a lot of laughs. I can't wait to do it again sometime.

Other than that, we've just been doing the finishing touches to our basement until after the birthday parties (then Nathan will start phase 2 of the basement). I really wanted to get my paper finished this weekend since we have a busy weekend ahead of us but I procrastinated and only got a few paragraphs written. I did manage to read 4 chapters of boring textbooks this weekend so at least I got that accomplished.

I'm excited for the inaugration (spelling ??) tomorrow. The man that I voted for finally won and I am looking forward to seeing how he can turn our country around. I've been listening to NPR on the radio lately so I am ready for the current events discussion in my Monday night class and I have to say that I'm actually enjoying it. I like being informed and it has helped me get even more excited about Obama and what I hope he can do for our country in need.

Happy Martin Luther King Day,
Dawn

0 comments: