BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Party like it's 2009

I don't know why I titled this post what I did because we haven't done any partying. It just popped into my head: Party like it's 1999. We are so past that now, aren't we? That's the year I graduated college and the year that Graham was born! haha!

Anyhoo, not much has been going on. I've managed to avoid the flu that Nathan had but I've had cold symptoms off and on. The latest is this gnarly cough that sounds like I've been smoking for my 31 years of life. But I feel lucky to have missed the flu epidemic. Knock on wood.

I keep saying I got these cold symptoms because of the Kiss Cam. Nathan and I were on the Kiss Cam at the Blues Hockey game on Sat. I had been keeping my distance from him but when we were on camera, I forgot about his sickness and hammed it up in front of everyone. Well, actually, Nathan hammed it up by dipping me back in my seat and smothering me. This guy at work asked me if I was at the game on Sat. He said he thought he saw me on the Kiss Cam but my husband attacked me so he didn't get a good look! I guess Nathan knew how to seize the opportunity for a good kiss since he had been missing out all week! haha!

Nathan has been off of work this week (which is very frustrating!) but he's putting the time to good use. He is building a room down in our basement that will eventually be a bedroom or office. One of our goals for 2009 (along with dressing better!) is to finish the basement. It's amazing to me how he even knows how to do all of this stuff. It's so great to have married a handy man.

School starts for me on Sat. Then I will have class every Monday and Wednesday. I am not looking forward to two classes at once but if I can get through them, I will be DONE!

Let me know if you have made any New Years Resolutions? And if so, are you still going strong or have you broken them already? My friend, Kelly, has a great list on how to be healthy on her Jan. 7th post on her blog. You can check it out for yourself by clicking on the "That's What She Said" link to the right of this post.

Happy New Year,
Dawn

0 comments: