BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a nice one. Friday we went to Graham's baseball game. The crazy part was when the wind whipped through the ball part all of a sudden and it felt like a tornado was sure to follow. The dust on the field was blowing everywhere (poor kiddos couldn't see what they were doing) and the temperature dropped what felt like at least 10 degrees. They finally called the game once it started lightening and raining. The Tigers were winning so it was all good! Later at home, Graham, Nathan and I just watched TV.

Saturaday, our friend Jamie, came over and finished the ceiling tiles in the basement. So between that and all the new lighting, it looks great! Brad will come over one more time to finish some of the outlets and then Nathan will put up base boards, etc. Then we can start decorating. I think we are in the market for a red couch to go down there if anyone has one they want to part with or hears of any good deals. It already looks so much better so I can't wait until it's all complete. The down side is that the ceiling tiles stink so I'm trying to burn candles and stuff to get rid of that! Hopefully, it will wear off soon.

Saturaday night we went to dinner at Cusumano's. It's a new restaurant that my friend Julie and her husband opened in O'Fallon. Her parents' owned the same restaurant in North County back in the day and closed it in 2001. Julie and Chris reopened it and it was just as delicious as ever. They have awesome pizza. The three of us went with Kelly, Seth and their kids Abby and Adam; Dan and his daughter, Anna; Jennifer, Chuck and their kids, Sarah and Jenna; and Jim and his sons, Jackson and Landon. It was crazy with all of the kids! Afterwards, some of us went back to Jennifer and Chuck's house to hang out. It was fun!

Sunday, Graham and I went to church. It was the first time Graham has really sat through a regular Catholic mass. He did good but he was admittedly a little bored. He's used to going to Sunday School at a non-denominational church with his mom that is A LOT different. Not sure if he will want to go back but we'll see. I'm just proud that he wanted to check it out in the first place. I wish my parish had a Sunday School he could attend during the mass. Sunday night, me, my mom and Nathan went to see Star Trek with Nathan's parents, Ray and Gail, Nathan's sister, Chantel and our brother-in-law, Bryan. It was good. I didn't understand everything but it was still a good movie. Nathan explained what he could on the way home! :)

A big group of my friends are leaving for Jamaica today for Toni and Andy's wedding. I'll miss my email buddies this week! I hope they all have a fun and safe trip though and I hope the wedding is beautiful!

Dawn

0 comments: