BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stingrays!

Graham reaching out to touch a stingray

Nathan and Graham in line at the Stingray exhibit. Nathan had to take off his long sleeve shirt because it was hot and we were not prepared to be at the zoo! He doesn't usually wear a "wife beater" tank when we're out in public! :)

So anyway, we didn't do much on Friday night. I think Nathan and Graham played kickball outside and then we all just watched TV. Saturday we went to see the new Disney movie, "UP". My work gets these free screenings from time to time. This one was at Chesterfield Mall and we get free popcorn/soda and this time we got giant sugar cookies with balloons on them afterwards. The movie was very good.


After that, we had to go unexpectedly to the hospital to visit my stepmom. She's not doing too good. She has a tumor on her tonsil and had to be rushed to the ER on Friday. She was sedated when we got there so the 3 of us and Josh hung out with my dad for a while. Last I heard, they were still waiting for her test results to see how they are going to proceed. Please say some prayers for her and my dad.


After the hospital, we started to head home because Graham had 6:00 and 8:00 baseball games but we got a text saying the games were cancelled. We hadn't gotten too far so we turned out and went to the zoo. We weren't there too long because we were hot and weren't really prepared for the zoo. I had on jeans and not the most comfortable shoes. We did see the new stingray exhibit. The pictures above are Nathan and Graham as we were standing in line and a picture of Graham reaching out to touch a stingray (they are slimy!) (My stupid computer won't move the pictures to this spot so that's why they are at the top of the page.)
After the zoo, we went to Target to kill some time until we met up with Erica and friends at Las Palmas for Erica's bday dinner. It was a yummy and a good time. But we left our house at 9 am and returned at 9 pm so it was an exhausting day!
Sunday, we did some yardwork (and by "we", I mean mostly Nathan but I did pull weeds and sweep outside - my back thigh muscles are sore to prove it!) Then we went to Graham's baseball game. My mom came with us. They lost by 1 run! :( His team just isn't performing this year like they usually do. That night, we made dinner and watched the MTV movie awards. If anyone reading this watched, please let me know in the comments if the Bruno/Eminem thing was staged. Eminem looked pissed but I don't know if it was on purpose.
Our basement should be finished today. Thanks to Jamie and Brad for helping with the ceiling and the electric. Nathan and I have some finishing touches but it's finished for the most part. It looks so much better. I guess I need to take some pictures to post. Maybe next time!
Have a great week,
Dawn






0 comments: