BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cut This Slacker some Slack, Please

OK, so I never got around to posting pictures from the Komen Race, camping, etc. like I said I would. I still intend to do it sometime but I just have to get my lazy, gestating butt downstairs at some point to do it. Ever since we moved the computer down there, I am so bad about logging on. And most days when I come home from work, I park my pregnant booty on the couch and don't move unless it's dinnertime, I have to urinate or it's time to get ready for bed and move into the bedroom to commence sleepytime. I think this is the laziest I have even been in my life. I try to cut myslef some slack but I still feel guilty. I have been feeling pretty good the past couple of weeks - it's just that I'm tired and lethargic. Then this week hit and I've been even more exhausted. When I wake up, it feels like I never went to bed. And it's screwing with my appetite again because it's hard for me to find stuff that sounds good to eat or to have an appetite at the appropriate times of day.

Anyhow, enough complaining. I do have some updates. Nathan's carpal tunnel surgery went well last week. He's been doing pretty good with the healing. He went to physical therapy on Monday and they said his stitches looked good. It was too soon for them to actual work his hand but I think they may do that at his second appt. on Thursday. I just can't wait until he gets the stitches out next week (the 14th) so he can get it wet and we can go to the pool. Yes, it's all about me still somehow! :) He's been doing things with his left hand though as much as possible.

I had my 3rd Dr. appt. yesterday. It went well. The Dr. was able to find the heartbeat this time with just the listening ultrasound thingy. It took her a while but she did find it. She said my uterus has still not tilted back up but it should in the next couple of weeks and I should have a nice little pooch by my next visit on 8/5. She said since she was able to hear the heartbeat w/o seeing it, my miscarriage risk is greatly decreased. So that's good to hear. Nathan was with me so he got to hear Baby Meyer too. I almost wish Baby would have not cooperated though like last time so we would have had to do a regular ultrasound and Nathan could have seen him or her and not just heard the heartbeat. But regardless, it was cool to hear and I'm glad he was there to experience it with me. Other than that, we went over medical history and they drew some blood. Oh, and I lost 1 1/2 lbs. So I've only gained 2 lbs. so far in 12 weeks but I know it will start piling on! The difficult part is that I've gotten wider though and some of my pants and shirts don't fit well anymore. But since I'm not really showing (unless you really look), I feel silly wearing maternity clothes at this point. So I rotate a lot of the same outfits that still fit right now.

Graham started summer camp and that seems to be going well. He loves going and they do a lot of activities. They go swimming every Monday and last week they went to the zoo. His last baseball game was last week but I think he is playing fall ball and will start practicing for that any minute now. It's a new team for him and it's going to be a select team so it will be interesting to see the level of play compared to his old team. He's a good pitcher so I hope they can develop him in that position even more.

That's it for now I guess. I'm not promising to post any pictures soon but I will promise to think about it and feel guilty that I haven't!

Dawn

0 comments: