BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This and That and Some Fun Websites

I can't believe that Christmas is next week. This month is flying by. I usually send Christmas cards sent out the weekend after Thanksgiving but this year I was waiting to receive our maternity pictures so I could use one of those on the card. However, by the time I received the pictures (which I will post soon. I tried to post them this past Sunday but I was experiencing technical difficulties so I gave up) I decided to forgo Christmas cards. I feel guilty not sending any but I realized we will be sending birth annoucements in a month or so and that is a lot of stamps. So in lieu of that, I have posted a fun website here for you to enjoy where you can make your own snowman. Consider this the card from the Meyer's this year. We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

https://www.umb.com/HolidayCard/index.html?ECARD_ID=1-7PVPH

Another fun website that my sister-in-law told us about on Thansksgiving tells you how many people in the US have the same name as you. Check it out at:

http://www.howmanyofme.com/

I did some research on my family and family-to-be (baby). Here are our results:

Dawn Meyer: 173
Dawn Waller: 40
Nathan Meyer: 158
Graham Meyer: 10
Rocco Meyer: 9 (This one surprises me. I didn't think there would be this many. So when our Rocco is born, there will be 10 Rocco Meyer's and 10 Graham Meyer's!)

There are 170,970 people in the U.S. with the last name Meyer.
Statistically the 163rd most popular last name.

Speaking of "Rocco", we attended the Rocco Family Christmas on Sunday. This is all of the extended family on my mom's side of the family. It's held at a rented room in a senior living center where one of our family member's lives and they reported we've been having this holiday celebration for 70 years. This year's was the biggest with 130 people. It's crazy because it just gets bigger and bigger each year with the new additions to the family. I really don't know a lot of the names of the teenagers and small children of people that are my 2nd or 3rd cousins. Anyway, someone dresses up as Santa every year and hands out presents to the kids. As Santa was calling names, I realized that once our baby boy is involved in this tradition, there could be some confusion. Santa was constantly calling out names such as JOHN ROCCO, JACKSON ROCCO, PATRICK ROCCO, etc. I realized when he just calls ROCCO or ROCCO MEYER a lot of people may start to get up or our baby will think all of the other Rocco presents are for him! :) Shoot, he may think the whole party is for him! :)

Last week Graham was the lead in his play, Elfis and the Sleigh Riders. He was Elfis and he did a really good job. I have a feeling the video we have is too big to post on here but I will see what I can do. He had a big, black wig, gold sunglasses and a white jumpsuit. Most of his lines consisted of, "Thank you, thank you very much" and "uh-huh". He did do a little spoken word over some music all by himself. It was hilarious and we were all very proud of him. The video will be used as black mail later in life, I'm sure! :) I do have some pictures I can post.

This is a busy week for the Meyer's but most of our plans are separate. Monday I had a Christmas dinner with some friends at Dave and Buster's. It was a nice time. There are 3 of us pregnant and almost everyone else there has had kids so there was a lot of pregnancy and labor/delivery talk. Last night, Nathan and Graham went to the Blues Hockey game where they honored Bret Hall. Tonight I have a baby doctor appt. and Nathan has a consultaion appointment about the new tatoo he is getting next week (this is his Christmas present!). Tomorrow, he has a Christmas party for the new company that he's working for and then Friday I have a Christmas dinner with some friends from high school. I don't think we have anything on Sat. but then Sunday is the Meyer family Christmas over at my in-laws.

After today, my doctor appointments will be weekly. As of tomorrow, I will be 35 weeks! Not much longer yet some days I think 5 more weeks still sounds like forever.

Anyway, we hope everyone has a great week and a Happy Holiday!

Thanks,
Dawn

2 comments:

toni said...

still waiting on those nursery pics! :) 35 weeks already! its flying by!

The ELFIS Story said...

Way to go Graham! Thanks for doing the ELFIS name proud in the play. It's great to see the name being used for fun and good.

ELFIS
http://www.ElfisLives.com