BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

True Life: I'm an Albino

Nathan got an email from NOAH (National Organization of Albinism and Hypo-Pigmentation) informing us that the popular MTV show, "True Life", will be featuring an episode on Albinism. It is called True Life: I'm an Albino and will air on Dec. 20th. I believe it will be on at 9:00 pm CST (10:00 pm Eastern time). I think it is being re-run on Dec. 21st at 11:30 pm CST and Dec. 23rd at 11 pm CST. From what I understand, the show will follow two teens/young adults during the 2010 NOAH conference that was held over the summer in Washington, DC. I'm very eager to see how they are portrayed and what they have to say. I think this show usually focuses on the struggles that people endure due to their condition and/or circumstance. I'm hoping it will have some kind of positive side to it also. Anyway, I thought I'd mention it in case anyway is interested in watching it. We already have our DVR set to record it.

Thanks,
Dawn

5 comments:

The Ball Family said...

I'll have to DVR it too...I'm interested to see what they say also.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,

Sorry this is random, but I found your blog when I was searching for the time of the MTV True life episode and I loved reading about you and your family! I hope that doesn't sound creepy =)
I went to Wash U med school and lived in STL for 2 years. I now live in central IL so still not far from STL. I volunteered with the Delta Gamma Center Challenger prgram for school aged kids when I was at Wash U and loved it! I rand the Run fo rSight both years too and the STL half marathon 2 x and the St Charles half marathon one year.
I should also mention that i have albinism! My little sister does also, but our older sisters do not. My family has been involved with NOAH since the early 1990's!
Just wanted to say hi and congrats on your adoreable little guy! Let me know if you have any questions.
Take care,
Becca

holly said...

I also found your blog just by googling the show. My 2.5 year-old-son has albinism. We met Jennie, who will be on the show, at a bowling alley in NC (MTV was filming for the show). Although the show may focus on the struggles, Jennie has a GREAT attitude and I don't think she has a hard time fitting in. Sorry for hijacking your blog! holly

Dawn said...

Hi Becca and Holly,
When I posted the latest entry on my blog, I didn't think about that others searching for the show might find my site. I think it's really cool that you did though & I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.
Becca-We love Delta Gamma. They are such a great organization. Rocco's vision therapist was at our house last night. I'm actually volunteering on one of the committees on for the Run for Sight in 2011. We have a family team called Rocco's Rock n Strollers.
@Holly: How neat that you met one of the girls profiled on the show. I recorded it last night but haven't watched it yet. I'm glad to hear that it has a postive side to it.
It's nice to hear from the both of you since you have experience with Albinism. We've met quite a few people just in St. Louis who have children with this. It's nice to have support from others who go through the same things we go through. Please check back and give me your email address if you want to be contacted about our family fundraising team for the Run for Sight in May. Again, thanks for reaching out!

Dawn said...

Also, maybe we'll see you at the next NOAH conference since it's in St. Louis!