BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Raise Your Hand if You Feel Inadequate? (I'm raising mine!)

So, I was thinking today how I feel a litle inadequate when it comes to what is thought to be typical wife traits (cooking & baking). My mom didn't want to cook the turkey for Thanksgiving this year so I instantly said, "Let me ask Nathan if he can do it?" However, before I even had the chance to ask him, he offered to cook it since my mom wasn't up to it this year. I didn't even have to ask. And he said it's not the first time he's cooked a turkey. There is no way in heck I would have tried to cook it. It it were left up to me, I'd buy an already prepared/cooked one that I'd just have to heat up or something.

Then, this weekend, Nathan told me he wants to get a recipe online for a pumkin cheesecake to bring over to his parents' house for Thanksgiving (we are heading over there for dessert after we host my family). Have I even ever thought about attempting a cheesecake? No!!! I would buy one rather than make one. (Do you see a pattern here?)

So, this brings me to the inadequacy. I started thinking how my wonderful husband is totally showing me up this Thanksgiving. I might have to don a turkey suit or come up with a extra special Thanksgiving prayer to compete with Nathan, aka. Mr. Martha Stewart!

***Please don't take this as complaining though. I got me a good one, didn't I, ladies? :)

*****************
You know I also have to give you our weekend recap. It was a good but busy one. Friday, we went to dinner at The Drunken Fish and then to the Funny Bone with some friends. Sat. I met up with Kelly and Abby for a special screening of the movie Bolt through my work and then we went to lunch. Then I headed to Chrissy's to help her load up her kids and we made our way to Alivia's 1st bday party. I had fun helping with the triplets and Allison but it was crazy to see a little of what Chrissy goes through on a daily basis. Sunday, my mom, Nathan and I went to the mall and actually got a little Christmas shopping done already!
****************
One more thing. I must be a little crazy but I signed up for 2 classes next semester so I can graduate in March instead of Jan. I'm taking my last cluster (3 classes in one) and my capstone class (a class that reviews everything we've learned and has a lot of group work). Therefore, eveyone may not see me a lot from Jan. - March. I apologize in advance if I'm a bad friend, wife, stepmom, daughter, sister, cousin, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, etc. for those 3 months. It will suck but I just have to keep telling myself, "3 months of this and I'm FINISHED FOR GOOD!"
If I can survive this, maybe I will feel a little less inadequate! ha!ha! Joking! :)
Dawn

3 comments:

The Ball Family said...

You're not inadequate!!! You've never had to do a turkey...maybe he has! AND you could have done it...it's pretty simple! Betty Crocker Cookbook rocks!
Oh...and I can get a good pumpkin cheesecake recipe or an awesome pumpkin cake (YUM) recipe!

Alivia was soooooo happy you could make her party. She loves her frog (now that I've taken it out of the box)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty! Own your domestic inadquateness! That's what I do and I don't apologize for it. Fortunately, I have other talents that keep Seth happy. :) Get your mind out of the gutter!

Kelly D.

The Meadows said...

Don't worry Dawn, I don't really cook either. My reason might be a little different than yours. Tim goes to school every night and he is very picky so I don't cook for one person.