BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Baby Shower #1 / Halloween

Last weekend was my first baby shower. It turned out fabulous! It was held at one of my favorite restaurants, Cannoli's. My mom and mother-in-law did an excellent job of hosting. The food was delicious, the guests were many and the gifts were generous. This was a family baby shower; my friend shower is next week. And I think I will have a work shower in December. Nathan and I are very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Here are a few pictures from the Shower #1. (Again, ignore the date stamp!)



Cupcake Cake



Me opening gifts




Crystal and Aunt Carol playing a game



My diaper cake



The sheet/pillow case gift that made me tear up!



Aubrey, Rachel, Bethany, Jessica and me





Some of our loot!



The sock bouquet that my mother-in-law made


*******


Nathan and I attended two Halloween parties this year. The first one was at Ann and Tim's house last weekend. I dressed as Miss Piggy and Nathan wore some big, old man hands. Don't ask! Looking at the pictures, I realized that Miss Piggy wasn't the most attractive costume for a pregnant lady to wear. And I should never dye my hair platinum blonde!

Last night, we went to a Halloween party at my brother's friends' house, Jason and Amanda. It was also a 30th birthday party for Josh who officially celebrated 30 years of life on Wednesday, Oct. 28th. Happy Birthday to my little bro! Anyway, this Halloween party was one of the best house parties I have seen in a long time. There was food, free drinks, games, costumes, great decorations, lots of people and an awesome DJ that had many people up and dancing. We decided to go the easy route for this party and dress as a biker couple. (Nathan didn't look much different that he does most days though! ha! ha!)

Miss Piggy



All of the dressed up ladies



Wacko Jacko!


Bun in the oven (Toni is pregnant for real!)


Nathan, Jason (aka: Buddy from Elf) and Josh



Josh with a HUGE tennis racket

Christa



Josh and Nathan playing beer pong


me and Christa



me and Nathan ( Bikers! :) )


Josh's bday cake



Josh cutting his cake

Today is actually Halloween. Since Graham doesn't want to dress up and go trick or treating, we are handing candy out at home and then I think we're heading over to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's house (Rachel and Eric) to hang out with them and their kids. Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!

-Dawn

1 comments:

Toni said...

Doesn't it seem like once you get pregnant you end up at tons of places with FREE BEER! I misseed it at Grad parties, Tunica, other parties!! not fair. See ya saturday!