BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blogging-A New Career

I was reading a story I saw on Yahoo today called "10 Great Careers You've Probably Never Heard Of" by Jessica Santina. I thought #4 on the list was pretty interesting. I've copied the information below:

Bloggers:
Just 10 years ago, blogging would have sounded to most like a verb relegated to video games. But now, freelance writers, marketers, Web designers, finance professionals--even tea-drinkers--can draw people from around the world to read what they're thinking. Businesses are catching on, which is why they'll often hire people to blog about their products, and some bloggers can actually sell ads on their personal blogs. Are your personal thoughts worth paying for? They are, especially if you have
education and a unique voice. Top bloggers can make six figures, and a handful are said to make millions.
http://education.yahoo.net/degrees/articles/featured_10_great_careers_you_never_heard.html

Now of course I know there are a few people that make a living off of blogging like Perez Hilton. I check his site almost every day. I also have a favorite author who blogs. (I think her blogging led to her first book actually.) And I know some people sell ads on their blog. But I guess I thought those people are few and far between. And maybe they still are. But it's interesting to me that blogging made the list. And it's even more interesting that "top bloggers can make six figures"! I have to admit, if I could make that kind of money by doing this all day, I'd do it in a heartbeat! Not only do I enjoy it but I would love to get paid for it. I guess a girl can dream. . . but if any one wants to advertise on my blog or have me blog about their products, let me know! I'm sure we can agree on a fair price! :) :) :)

0 comments: