BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Welcome to the 21st Century & Wedding Planningpalooza!!!

Well, I decided to enter the 21st century and start a blog! I figured this would be a good time since Nathan and I are engaged and we get a lot of questions about wedding plans and such. I have to start off by saying I am so excited for our wedding. It is Sept. 13, 2008. I can't believe it's only a little more than 5 months away! We've done a lot but we have plenty more to do.

Here are some of the details we have so far:

  • Ceremony: 12 pm at All Saints Church in St. Peters (right around the corner from our house!) http://www.allsaints-stpeters.org/default.aspx
  • Reception: 7 pm at Debonnaire Banquet and Conference Center in St. Ann (this is a newer reception site that has only been open for about 1 1/2 years) http://www.debonairebanquet.com/
  • I have my wedding dress and my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. Nathan has picked out the tuxedos.
  • Bridesmaids: Kelly Doria (Matron of Honor), Kim Hayes, Chrissy Clauser, Amanda Sextro
  • Groomsmen: Graham Meyer (Best Man), Brian Williams, Michael Alley, Miles Mauck
  • Ushers: Josh Waller and Tony Hogan
  • The colors of the wedding are Apple Red and Chocolate Brown
  • We have the photographer (LightSource Photography) http://www.lightsourcephotography.net/, the videographer (Marino Productions) http://www.marinovideo.com/index.htm and the DJ (Complete Music) http://www.cmusic.com/
  • We have a date picked out for the Bachelor and Bachelorette parties (and no, we are not combining them). It is August 16, 2008.
  • Our rehearsal is at All Saints on Sept. 12, 2008. I have to check but I think it starts at 6 pm. Aftewards, we will be having a catered rehearsal dinner at the community room where my mom lives.

Next, we are working on finalizing the guest list (we are trying to keep the count at 200 or below) and then picking out invitations.

Nathan and I start our Remarriage Classes on Monday, April 7th. This is the class that the Catholic Church requires us to take to prepare us for marriage. The class is 6 weeks long and we meet with another couple who has gone through a remarriage. It's more work and takes longer than doing a weekend class but I figure anything we can do to help prepare us for the ups and downs of a marriage is worth it. It will be a crazy 6 weeks for me though because I also start my next cluster at Lindenwood University the same week. I have class for that on Wednesdays.

Nathan and I thank everyone for their congratulations, well-wishes, interest in the wedding plans, help and support. This is an exciting time in our lives and we appreciate it all!

More to come. . .

3 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

You are so organized! I'm envious!! If you need help with anything, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask! I'm good at taking direction :)

Jim & Chrissy said...

Yay!! Dawn has a blog--I've already bookmarked it--next comes a myspace page ;) It looks good, can't wait to check back for updates.

rachel said...

Wait a minute...you're working full-time, taking classes at Lindenwood, starting your marriage classes, AND started a blog? Are you trying to make the rest of us look like slackers, or what?? :P