BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 30, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

Well this weekend was my first bridal shower and it was a total surprise. I thought my "friend" shower was July 27th but I knew that my bridesmaid, Chrissy, hates to not surprise the bride. But I thought with my busy schedule and her busy life with her triplets, that July 27th was the time everyone could make it. I thought I was going to my god-daughter's bday party but I was wrong. They got me good. It's funny because I almost felt a little pissed off when I walked in and finally understood what was going on. I couldn't believe they tricked me. And one of the first things I said was, "But I didn't get to wear my 'It's my day' tank top that I bought for this occassion!" Such a brat I am sometimes - I know! The shower was very nice. The girl's did a nice job planning (I hear Kelly conducted conference calls and made up an agenda. Such the event planner!) and hosting and we got lots of awesome gifts (Nathan was like a kid in a candy store opening everything up later and putting it all in its new spot. He also kept calling everything his as in, "I'm so happy I got MY pressure cooker!" I had to keep reminding him that the gifts were OURS!)

The girls also did a very special thing for me. Per Kim's suggestion, they made me a scrapbook. Each person invited to the shower was instructed to make a page with pictures, poems, designs, etc. and they put it all together in one book. It's so awesome and I feel so lucky to have such great friends. I brought the book to work today to show it off. I wish I would have thought of this idea for all of their showers in the past. Thanks again to all who participated in this. I will treasure it always!

There are some things that should have tipped me off to the shower. Below is a list of those things:

1. Nathan remembered that Abby's bday party was on June 28th weeks ago when we received a bday party invitation to Ava's bday party on the same day. I didn't have Abby's bday party written down on any calenders at the time so I thought it was amazing that he remembered about it and rememeber the date. But of course, he knew it was my shower. He helped the bridesmaids pick the date back in April!

2. My brother called me earlier in the day and was asking me what my plans were that afternoon. He never does that. I thought it was weird but didn't think much else of it.

3. I called my mom at work on Sat. afternoon and her co-worker told me she was gone for the day. When I called my mom on her cell phone, she told me she was eating. When I asked her where she was eating, she told me "at work". I said that I just called there and they told me she was gone. She said she must have been in the bathroom when they looked for her. But I remember thinking it was weird because her salon is not that big to know if she's not there or not. Really she was at home getting ready for the shower.

4. Nathan's sister, Aubrey, emailed me on Friday to ask me if my shower was June 28th or July 13th. I have a family shower that she is invited to on July 13th but she got wind of the the friend shower on the 28th and got confused. She found out from Nathan and his mom that the 28th shower was a surprise one for friends so she emailed me back to say she got Ava's bday party and my shower dates mixed up. I was clueless about this slipup.

5. My mom and sister-in-law, Kelly, were walking up the street as I pulled onto Kelly's street. They dove behind a bush to hide (and two little girls stared at them like they were crazy). Somehow I missed this commotion. Good thing I'm not observant.

6. Nathan and Beth had both asked me this week if I've been staying off of my bridal registry. I had (see, I'm good sometimes!) so I had no idea a bunch of presents had been bought.

So there you have it. I should have know better but I was too caught up with other things to put it all together. But thanks again to everyone. Thank you cards are going out this week. Once I get some pictures from the shower, I will post them so check back for that. Kelly has a video too from when I walked in so I'll see if I can add that also.

On another note, Nathan and I had dinner with his parents and sister and my mom on Sunday and then everyone came back to our house. We hashed out some wedding details. As Nathan texted me today, we only have 75 days until the big day! Hope to see you there!

Love,
Dawn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i promise i will be getting your scrapbook page to you soon! im such a slacker!

Anonymous said...

Hey Waller,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your "surprise" shower. We are all glad that you didn't figure it out. WE GOT YOU!!!! I can't wait to see your scrapbook pages. I bet everyone did such a great job. Kudos to JOSH WALLER for putting together an awesome US Weekly cover using Dawn and Nathan's pictures. I can't wait until the BIG DAY. It will be here before you know it so enjoy the planning while it last. Love ya, KIM

The Meadows said...

Wow---all of them tip offs and you still didn't figure it out? How dense are you???? hahahahhaha! Glad you were surprised :)