BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 25, 2008

19 days to go!

I can't believe we will be getting married in 3 weeks. This weekend was more wedding errands. Graham and I went by our reception hall on Sat. morning to make sure our slideshow will play at the reception. I started to get a little worried when the lady could get the show to come up but couldn't get it to play. She kept hitting "play" but nothing happened. She said she has had that problem before. I called my brother and he said to hit "enter". Voila! I'm so glad it worked since he put a lot of hard work and effort into it. The lady was very impressed just with the first 30 seconds. She kept saying how good it is! I can't wait for all of you to see it. Josh did an amazing job (Thanks, Josh!). I left there wondering how many other brides didn't get to play their slideshow though because they hit "play" instead of "enter"!

After that, we headed over to Nathan's parent's house - aka: wedding central. Gail showed me the bouquets, corsages, ring pillow, rehearsal centerpieces, etc., etc., etc. Everything looks fantastic. It got me really excited. We are lucky to have family members that are helping us so much with everything.

Later, Graham and I went to the pool. I think it's the first time this month that I've gone. We had a good time and I think it's the most I've actually played in the water in a long time. At one point, we were playing Michael Phelps and that "other guy" that lost by 1/100th of a second. :) That night, me, Nathan and Graham went to dinner and walked around on Main St. in St. Charles.

Sunday I went to a baby shower for my friend, Janet. She is having her 3rd child - a girl. It was a sea of pink as she opened presents. Congratulations to her and her husband, Jaime! I can't wait to meet Baby Morgan (and I LOVE that name!).

I almost made it all the way through a Sunday night without waking up. But I woke up this morning when Nathan got up - sometime in the 4am hour - and had a hard time falling back to sleep. I was of course thinking about wedding stuff I didn't get done this weekend and stuff I need to do. I finally just wrote it all down on a notepad I keep by the bed and that allowed me to finally go back to sleep. It also didn't help that Nathan almost burnt the house down (not really) while he was cooking bacon and the stupid smoke alarm kept beeping! I kept yelling for him from the bedroom but he couldn't hear me because he turned the stove vent on to air it out. I finally had to call him from my cell phone to ask him to stop the beeping. What a morning! Let's hope the rest of the week goes better. :)

Dawn

1 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

Oh crap! I better bust my butt working out and eating healthy so I can fit in the dress that I ordered too small ;)