BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 4, 2008

Another Sleepless Sunday Night

I don't know what's going on with me lately but last night was like the 3rd Sunday in a row that I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep for hours. I'm not sure why I wake up but then I start thinking about all of the wedding details that still need to be taken care of and that's what keeps me awake. I tell myself that there is nothing I can do about it at that moment and to go back to sleep but it doesn't really work. Anyway, maybe next Sunday night, I will take a sleeping pill to help me get through the night.

Friday I had another wedding shower. This one was thrown by my co-workers. They tried to surprise me but there were too many clues so I knew exactly when it was. My stomach was nervous waiting for it at 10:30. However, even though I wasn't surprised, I was very touched by their efforts and generosity. There was a lot of food (some people in other departments made some dishes too), a ton of desserts and gifts. We got a lot of gift cards and some very nice gifts. If I have time to scan some of the pictures into my computer, I'll post them (on second thought, I don't think the scanner is working-sorry!).

Nathan had to work all weekend but he and I went to dinner at T. Arcobosso's on Sat. night with Kelly and Seth. It's the first time the 4 of us have done this and it was a nice time. Then we went to see The Dark Knight. Even thought we bought our tickets ahead of time, we didn't get there until about 5 minutes before the movie started so we got stuck sitting in the very front row. That SUCKED! But the movie was good. I wish we could have hung out after the movie but since Nathan's been working so much and getting up at 4 am, we headed home.

Sunday, I ran some wedding errands with my mom. We got all of the gifts for everyone involved with our wedding. I also got some pearl earrings to match my necklace to wear on the wedding day.

I also want to remind everyone that has not RSVP'd for the wedding yet that the deadline is fast approaching. You have until Aug. 13th which is next week (I can't believe that!). Please send those in so we can give the reception hall a head count. Thanks!

Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many peole havent rsvp'd? im going to be pissed if I have to start calling people for mine! especially after wasting money on stamps!

Dawn said...

Well we have about 30ish invites still out there that have not responded but that breaks down to about 60ish people. I am sending a "friendly-reminder" email this week! :)