BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 1, 2008


Dawn & Graham

the bear

Me & Graham

Hi everybody!
This might be a little disappointing to some of you, but Dawn is busy right now watching Gossip Girl. So you are stuck with me, the total package, or as most of you know me Nathan. I don't know if I'm as good at this as Dawn but I'll try.

We had a very relaxing weekend. A good friend of mine (Craig) has some land in Macon, MO and we went up there with him, his wife(Lori), one of their sons (Kevin), Craig's sister (Keri), and her son (Jon). We really needed some good r&r and this was the perfect opportunity. We rode the
four-wheelers, sat by the campfire, made s'mores, drank a few cocktails, fished, shot high powered rifles, and really just relaxed for once. It seems like we never get to do that anymore. If I'm not working (which is very rare lately) we always have something to do for the wedding. As some of you might know Dawn was very timid about going up there. I think she got it in her mind that it was some backwoods, log cabin, no a/c, dirt floor, sleeping bag kind of thing. But once she got there it wasn't that bad. It's an actual house. With a/c. There was a kitchen, food, beds, t.v., dish network, and alcohol. Good people. Good times.


fishing


Kevin fishing

Nathan and the 204

Graham & the 22
We got home Monday afternoon and Mama Dawn came over and colored Dawn's hair. Then I BBQ'd some burgers for dinner. And we had a relaxing Labor Day. Except the fact that the Cardinals blew a 5-1 lead and lost to the stinkin' D-Backs. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!! But I guess you still have to love them. I don't know why, but it's like engraved in our DNA.
So I don't know if next week you'll get me again or you'll get Dawn. But it's been fun talkin' at ya.


Nathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NATEDOG GOOD FIRST BLOG! GOOD TIMES! LOOKS LIKE YOU GUY SHAD FUN!

Anonymous said...

Nathan, your first post was good...I think its awesome that you even made an effort! Dawn is so blessed to have you!
Sounds like the weekend was great fun!

Anonymous said...

Nathan and Dawn -
I'm so glad you have this blog - helps me keep up with what you're doing, I only have one question - what the heck were you shooting at - looks like you were aiming at the ground! - Love, Sandy

Jim & Chrissy said...

Glad you had a stress-free weekend away from the wedding planning. You aren't going to know what to do with yourself when you have all of that free time on your hands after the wedding :)

Good post Nathan! Looking forward for more to come in the future...always making Dawn do all of the work ;)