BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 12, 2008

New York, New York

I finally got a few spare minutes to update about my trip to New York City. It was a blast. We got there on Tuesday, May 6th. After getting a bite to eat for lunch, me and my co-workers headed to Times Square. We went in the MTV store, the M&M store and the Hershey store to name a few. There was some Asian girl live at MTV that day and the crowd was crazy. I must be getting old because I had never heard of the girl but those tweens must really love her! Here are a few Times Square pics:









I had to take this picture of NKOTB. They are playing a concert in NY on the Today Show this Friday. I feel like it's 1989! But you know I have to record that!

Tuesday night, my boss took us to dinner at PJ Clarks. (Ironically, if any of you watch Gossip Girl like I do - yes, I am a 16 year old girl trapped in a 31 year old body - you would have heard a reference on tonight's show to PJ Clarks. I would have no idea what that was had I not just been there!) Anyhoo, we saw Timothy Busfield there. He was in Thirtysomething and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. If you don't know who he is (and there's a good chance you don't) go here for a picture: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124079/

After dinner my boss took us to the Rainbow Room at the top of Rockafeller Center. It has an awesome view of the city. FYI, if you're ever there, the view is worth it but the vodka tonic is not! It was the worst ever!


Wednesday morning, we met at 5:30 am to go get in line for The Today Show. It was way too early but it was one of my favorite parts. It was cool to see the plaza and the studios. We saw inside as Ann Curry was doing her thing. It was weird to see Matt Lauer picking his nails on the monitor they had set up outside while he was waiting to go live. Meredith wasn't there but we did see Tim Russert. And of course, we got to meet Al Roker. He came out and shook my hand. He's a lot shorter in person but very nice. Here's a picture of my buddy, Al, and a couple of other shots from the show:

waiting for the show to start

the outside set for the day

Big Al

Later that day we went to Chinatown and Little Italy for some shopping. It's like Mexico where you bargain for a better price. The key is being able to walk away. My best one was a belt buckle I got for Nathan for half price. We ate lunch at this cute little Italian place and had a great time and got some good deals.

That night was the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian premier. While we didn't get to walk the red carpet, it was cool to experience a premiere. Most of the celebrities we saw were in the movie and we didn't know who they were until we saw them on screen. John and I did come face to face with Tilda Swinton. She won an Oscar this year for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Michael Clayton. Most of the people at the premiere worked on the movie and we sat next to the visual effects guy and his family and the costume designer and his family. Afterwards, we went to the after-party at the New York Public Library. That was very cool too! See below:


The red carpet





Tilda



On the steps of the NY Public Library



Inside the NY Public Library

Thursday we walked around Fifth Ave., saw Central Park and did some more shopping before heading home. It was such a nice trip and the weather was awesome. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Love, Dawn

3 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

That is so exciting Dawn! What a great reward for doing great at work! The pictures were good--looks like you had a lot of fun and sounds like you got to cram a lot of stuff in the short trip. I would love to go there some day!

Anonymous said...

love the pics- i so want to go back! you better find a way to take me next time. haha

Toni said...

That looks awesome ive always wanted to go there!