BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer's Here!

O.K. I know it's not officially summer but in my book, Memorial Day signifies the start of summer. Although with the crappy (rainy) weather we had over the weekend, you'd never know it was the end of May! Anyhow, I figured I should update since it's been a while. I wanted to wait until I had time to add pictures but the way things are going this week, who knows when that will be. So check back later for the pictures .

I'm so relieved because I'm almost finished with my 16 page research paper. I took off of work on Friday to work on it. I still have some editing to do and I have to do my outline and my PowerPoint presentation but the hard part is finished! Even though my last class isn't until June 18th, I feel like it's all downhill from here. Nathan was a sweetie pie and took Graham to see IronMan on Friday night so I'd have more time to work on the paper in peace.

Saturday, we went to Home Depot to get some flowers, mulch and a ladder (BTW-ladders are overpriced in my opinion!!!). Nathan, with help from Graham and Mike, trimmed a bunch of branches from the trees in the backyard. It looked like a tornado ripped through back there. He also trimmed the greenery around the fence and put new mulch in the flowerbed out front. He did a great job. That night we went to Jim and Chrissy's to watch the UFC fight (well, I went to socialize!) but since the cable was acting up, we played poker instead. That was fun because we have not been to their house in a while.


Our pretty new hanging flower baskets

Sunday the 3 of us went to the Renaissance Faire with Mike, Erica, Miles, Monica, Deeter, Ava, Aubrey and Bryan. It was a good time. There are some weird people there so it's good people-watching. If your are unfamiliar, there are games (like throwing axes, archery, etc.), shows (pirates, belly dancers, birds, etc.), food, beer and shopping (stonework, jewelry, woodwork, etc.). It runs through June 8th. Here's the website if you want to check it out:
http://www.stlrenfaire.com/

Ava with her pretty painted face


Nathan and me at the Ren. Faire


Nathan on stage at the Moonie show


Bryan and Graham playing Battleship

Monday, we hosted a last minute BBQ at our house. The girls mostly stayed inside and the boys played wiffleball (spelling??). I finally kicked the AC on when I noticed everyone glistening and fanning themselves! It was a good time and thanks to all who made it.

Tomorrow, Nathan and I will be getting our pictures taken at Tower Grove Park after work for our engagement session. I don't think Nathan is too thrilled about it but it comes with the photography package we purchased for the wedding so I am not letting it go to waste. I am looking forward to it. I kind of wish we didn't have to squeeze it in on a Thursday night but I wanted to get it done before it gets too hot and we are pretty booked for the next 5 weekends or so. It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow so let's hope that's true. Hoepfully, I can provide a link to the pictures soon.

That's it for now. Remember to check back for pictures from the past weekend.

Dawn

3 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

Just now turning on your air????? We have been switching from air to heat for the past 3 mos! haha!

Anonymous said...

um i played wiffleball too! i even hit the ball which was a shocker! HA

oh and i turned my air on for the first time this weekend but turned it off yesterday. crazy MO weather!

Anonymous said...

YES you guys are doing way better than us we finally got a ladder for x-mas this past year b/c they were so expensive we asked Santa! lol! And we lived here for 5 years!