BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 14, 2008

We did it!

Just a quick day after post to thank everyone for taking part in our wedding day. I can't believe the weather held out. When I was lying awake at 2 am the morning before the wedding, I prayed to God to ask him to just hold the rain off at least until the reception. He answered my prayers and I know we had a lot of others praying for us too! Thanks!

I keep telling Nathan that everything went off without a hitch. It's unbelievable. We had such a magical day and we are very blessed to have the family and friends that we do that helped make it so special for all of us. We tried our best to get around to at least say hi to everyone but it's so tough when there are that many people in attendance, you are pulled in different directions and you also just want to dance and enjoy the night. If we didn't get to talk to you long, we apologize and hope you understand. We also hope you enjoyed yourself.

I also can't believe I made it through the day without crying! I teared up as I was walking down the aisle but as I focused on Nathan, it was smooth sailing from there. I was a little nervous as we waited to start but I knew that once I got in there, I'd be OK and I was. Fr. Don did an excellent job officiating the ceremony and everyone from the readers, to our videographer, to our photographers, the DJ, the staff at Debonaire did awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures on my own camera so I have none to post at this point. But we'll have some soon from friends I'm sure and I'll put those up here.

Today we are off to Nathan's parents house to open our gifts. Yay!!! I'm off of work tommorrow. But then I go back on Tuesday - Thursday. I'm off on Friday and then we are off to Maui (Poor Nathan has to work all this week). But then we are off the whole week for Maui and the Monday after we get back. Unfortunately, I have to do some homework on these days off. I go right from a wedding back into the Fall Cluster for my Masters degree. No down time for the weary!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone. We love you!

Love,
Dawn & Nathan MEYER :) (I like the sound of that!)

6 comments:

Jim & Chrissy said...

Congratulations! I thought the wedding was beautiful! Everything turned out great. Thanks for letting me be a part of it :) Everyone had so much fun at the reception too!

And then I get home and find my gift in my bag...I am soooo sorry and I feel like such and idiot! I should have just left it at your house when I was there. I'm sure you are opening gifts right now thinking, "Wow, nothing from Chrissy and Jim???" I promise its going in the mail tomorrow, so you should have it on Tuesday. Hope you get lots of nice stuff :) The fun never ends!!!! Congrats again! And I'll send you my pics today.

Anonymous said...

Congrats again! Everyone had so much fun! Wedding was beautiful and who couldn't love walking into a reception and imediealely being handed bottled beer ! Nice touch! Have fun in Maui I'M SO JEALOUS!
I got lots of good pics I'll send you soon. Guess I'm next....sorry guys it will be draft at mine lol!

Anonymous said...

uh yeah, I cant spell! immediately! (I hope thats right!)

The Meadows said...

Congratulations! You looked beautiful and Nathan looked very handsome. Tim and I had a great time. Have fun on your honeymoon.

Kelly D. said...

Congratulations again! Can you believe it's over?! It was a great day and I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait to hear all about your presents and your honeymoon!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun! Dawn your dress was gorgeous and of course Nate was handsome as ever! guess no more Nate lovin for me :( haha you got yourself a good one and im so happy for you. Good luck with everything!